Cargo/posição/bolsa/Job: Bolsa de Investigação (BI) para Licenciado
Referência/Reference: ARDITI – SEE_App-RH-004
Área científica genérica/Main research field: Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction
Área científica específica/Sub research field: n/a
Texto do anúncio
A call is open for a Bachelor’s degree student at the Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação (ARDITI) of the University of Madeira (Funchal, Portugal), under the Regional Project M1420-01-0247-FEDER-000042, co-financed by “PROCiência 2020” – Saúde Escolas: Projeto de Monitorização em Saúde [SEE_App], under the following conditions:
Requisitos de admissão
The ideal candidate would be a computer engineer student or a closely related discipline with a background in one or more of the following fields: Gaming, Human-Computer Interaction and Virtual Reality. Experience with external sensors such as depth cameras will be a plus.
Applicants should fulfil the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or other relevant disciplines for the project;
- Previous experience in Unity development;
- Previous experience in building web apps with back-end and front-end applications;
- Strong oral and written English communication skills, people skills, the ability to work independently as well as a team member and taking the initiative and being proactive;
- Willingness to participate and support End—User evaluations in the school context;
- Must be enrolled to acquire a higher academic degree.
Plano de trabalhos
The main task for the accepted candidate will be to help the development of a web app to support surveillance health systems in the school context, including surveillance and response to outbreaks of infectious diseases, such as COVID-19.
Legislation and regulations: The scholarships are directed to applicants under the current conditions established on the FCT regulations (http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/) and Research Grant Holder Statute.
Orientação científica e local de trabalho
Scientific guidance and workplace
The candidate will work within an interdisciplinary team of researchers with competencies in both technical and scientific domains. The work will be conducted at ARDITI (Funchal, Portugal), under the supervision of Prof.ª Frederica Gonçalves, with the collaboration of Pedro Campos, Karolina Baras and Eduardo Marques.
Duração da(s) bolsa(s)
The scholarship will have a length of 8 months, eventually renewable.
Subsídio de manutenção mensal
ARDITI fellowship stipend (875,98€/month) and regulations are determined by ARDITI:
Voluntary Social Security (SSV) if required, and accidents insurance are included.
Estimated contract start date:
1st November 2022.
Métodos de seleção
The selection process will be based on:
- Motivation letter (10%)
- Curriculum Vitae (25%)
- Previous experience (25%)
- Interview (40%) if there are multiple eligible candidates
Recommendation letters are facultative but can contribute positively to the evaluation.
Composição do Júri de Seleção
Prof. Doutor. Pedro Campos (President), Prof. Doutora. Frederica Gonçalves, Prof. Doutor Élvio Rúbio Gouveia.
Documentos de candidatura
The following elements should be included in the email:
- Brief description of the candidate, research ability and research interest;
- English curriculum;
- Recommendation letters are facultative but can contribute positively to the evaluation;
- Proof of enrollment in a Master degree or in a non-academic degree course integrated in the educational project of a higher education (if not already available, a sworn statement can be presented mentioning that proof of enrollment, will be presented until 27st of October 2022);
- Degree certificate.
Forma de publicitação/notificação dos resultados
Announcement of the results
An email message with the result of the recruitment process will be sent to each applicant.
Número de vagas
Instituição de acolhimento
ARDITI - Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação.
Unidade de Investigação/ Research Institute
Data Limite de Candidatura
Application submission and deadline
• The selection process will be based on the principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, religion, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issue. Selection will be made only based on merit and following the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Commission Recommendation, Brussels, 11.3.2005, 2005/251/EC) and the recommendations from the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA).
• ARDITI is a recognized “refugee welcoming organization" by the European Commission, follows the European Charter for Researchers and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
• The deadline for application may be extended at any time without previous notice having in mind the requirements for the positions under this call.
Dados de contacto da organização
Organization contact data
ARDITI - Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação
Edif. Madeira Tecnopolo, Piso 2
Caminho da Penteada
tel. +351 291 721 220
Application deadline: October 17, 2022