Cargo/posição/bolsa/Job: Research Fellowship
Área científica genérica/Main research field: Product Design
Área científica específica/Sub research field: n/a
Texto do anúncio
The bioMASK project (M1420-01-0247-FEDER-000052) aims to leverage Madeira's abundant banana production and use the banana stem by-product to design, engineer and produce a mask biodegradable, washable and filter (FFP) rated FFP2 ECDC. The project will use the stems left over from the banana tree after the fruit is grown to build a nanofiber sandwich material, thus taking advantage of the plant's properties to be applied in a medical product. This sandwich material will include banana fibers as an encapsulating material for the cellulose acetate (CA) based nanomaterial.
The successful candidate is expected to work with a multi-disciplinary team of scientific researchers, product designers, material engineers and healthcare professionals with robust participation in desk research, field research, documentation, concept generation, technical evaluation, concept selection and prototyping development of the project.
Requisitos de admissão
Candidates should have the following requirements, skills and competences:
- MSc (or equivalent) in Product Design;
- Sketching Manual and Digital;
- Fusion 360;
- Adobe Photoshop;
- Good spoken and written English profeciency are a big plus.
Plano de trabalhos
- Product Design project of an FFP2 mask:
- Preliminary Design research: mapping of FFP mask design knowledge (technical, design and social aspects), state-of-the-art in face mask design and patent search.
- Context analysis, Stakeholder analysis, User Study (qualitative and quantitative methods) and User Profile definition.
- Product Design Specifications.
- Concept Design: design of low-fidelity design candidates.
- Detail Design: MVP and high fidelity 3D models.
- User Comfort evaluation: usability testing and user-experience assessment.
- Prototype validation (assistance).
- Reporting of project milestones and elaboration of deliverables during the course of the project.
Orientação científica e local de trabalho
Scientific guidance and workplace
This project will be supervised by Prof Shujoy Chakraborty (ITI-LARSyS), the project Principal Investigator (PI); selected candidates are expected to follow the work plan and independently deliver assigned tasks as per deadlines.
Duração da(s) bolsa(s)
12 months, renewable
Subsídio de manutenção mensal
ARDITI fellowship stipend (875,98€ for Bachelor's degree or 1144,64€ for Master's degree) and regulations are determined by ARDITI:
Voluntary Social Security (SSV) and accidents insurance are included.
Estimated contract start date:
1st June 2022.
Métodos de seleção
The curricular selection process will be based on:
- Educational background and graduation (40%)
- Technology related skills relevant for the work plan execution (20%)
- Communication and presentation skills, assessed from the CV or from optional interview (40%)
Composição do Júri de Seleção
Prof. Dr. Shujoy Chakraborty
Prof. Dr. Dirk Loyens
Prof. Dr. Sérgio Lemos
Documentos de candidatura
The following elements should be included in the email:
• Brief description of the candidate, research ability and research interest;
• English curriculum.
• Recommendation letters are facultative but can contribute positively to the evaluation
• Proof of enrollment in a Bachelor or Master degree or in a non-academic degree course integrated in the educational project of a higher education (if not already available, a sworn statement can be presented mentioning that proof of enrollment, will be presented until 27st of May 2022);
• Degree certificate.
Forma de publicitação/notificação dos resultados
Announcement of the results
An email message with the result of the recruitment process will be sent to each applicant.
Número de vagas
Instituição de acolhimento
ARDITI - Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação.
Data Limite de Candidatura
Application submission and deadline
• The selection process will be based on the principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, religion, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issue. Selection will be made only based on merit and following the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Commission Recommendation, Brussels, 11.3.2005, 2005/251/EC) and the recommendations from the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA).
• ARDITI is a recognized “refugee welcoming organization" by the European Commission, follows the European Charter for Researchers and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
• The deadline for application may be extended at any time without previous notice having in mind the requirements for the positions under this call.
Dados de contacto da organização
Organization contact data
ARDITI - Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação
Edif. Madeira Tecnopolo, Piso 2
Caminho da Penteada
tel. +351 291 721 220
Application deadline: May 27, 2022