Cargo/posição/bolsa/Job: Bolsa de Iniciação à Investigação
Referência/Reference: ARDITI – SAFE_RH 001
Área científica genérica/Main research field: Sports Science
Área científica específica/Sub research field: n/a
Texto do anúncio
A call is open for a Scientific Initiation Studentship (BII) at the Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação (ARDITI) of the University of Madeira (Funchal, Portugal), under the Regional Project M1420-01-0247-FEDER-000067, co-financed by “Madeira 14-20” SAFE: Safe Football Entrance, under the following conditions:
Requisitos de admissão
The ideal candidate would be a physical education and sport student or a closely related discipline with a background in one or more of the following fields: training experience, exercise physiology, behavioral approaches to physical activity promotion. Experience in ICT for health and assessment with depth sensors or full body tracking technologies on sports topics will be a plus.
Applicants should fulfil the following requirements:
- Ongoing Bachelor’s degree in physical education and sport or other relevant disciplines for the project;
- Previous experience in the external and internal training load assessments;
- Previous experience in sports training or physical activity promotion;
- Strong oral and written English communication skills, people skills, the ability to work independently as well as a team member and taking the initiative and being proactive;
- Willingness to participate and support End—User evaluations in different contexts such as a stadium.
Plano de trabalhos
The main task for the accepted candidate will be to help with the systematic review of literature on platforms developed for communication in a specific soccer context. Also, the candidate will help with the definition of sports requirements to be integrated into the platform, using a participatory design with fieldwork.
Orientação científica e local de trabalho
Scientific guidance and workplace
The candidate will work within an interdisciplinary team of researchers with competencies in both technical and clinical domains. The work will be conducted at ARDITI (Funchal, Portugal), under the supervision of Prof. Élvio Rúbio Gouveia.
Duração da(s) bolsa(s)
3 months, eventually renewable.
Subsídio de manutenção mensal
ARDITI fellowship stipend (486,12€/month) and regulations are determined by ARDITI:
Accidents insurance are included.
Estimated contract start date:
1st July 2022.
Métodos de seleção
The selection process will be based on:
- Motivation letter (10%)
- Curriculum Vitae (25%)
- Previous experience (25%)
- Interview (40%) if there are multiple eligible candidates
Recommendation letters are facultative but can contribute positively to the evaluation. Speaking and understanding Portuguese is strictly necessary as the candidate will for with the local clinical partners and patients.
Composição do Júri de Seleção
Prof. Doutor. Élvio Rúbio Gouveia (President), Prof. Doutor. Rui Ornelas, Prof. Doutor. Helder Lopes.
Documentos de candidatura
The following elements should be included in the email:
- Brief description of the candidate, research ability and research interest;
- English curriculum.
- Recommendation letters are facultative but can contribute positively to the evaluation
- Proof of enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree or in a non-academic degree course integrated in the educational project of a higher education (if not already available, a sworn statement can be presented mentioning that proof of enrollment, will be presented until 27st of June 2022);
- Degree certificate.
Forma de publicitação/notificação dos resultados
Announcement of the results
An email message with the result of the recruitment process will be sent to each applicant.
Número de vagas
Instituição de acolhimento
ARDITI - Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação.
Data Limite de Candidatura
Application submission and deadline
• The selection process will be based on the principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, religion, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issue. Selection will be made only based on merit and following the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Commission Recommendation, Brussels, 11.3.2005, 2005/251/EC) and the recommendations from the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA).
• ARDITI is a recognized “refugee welcoming organization" by the European Commission, follows the European Charter for Researchers and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
• The deadline for application may be extended at any time without previous notice having in mind the requirements for the positions under this call.
Dados de contacto da organização
Organization contact data
ARDITI - Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação
Edif. Madeira Tecnopolo, Piso 2
Caminho da Penteada
tel. +351 291 721 220
Application deadline: June 14, 2022